Thursday, November 30, 2006

(by and large) I am very pleased!

The subsequent posts will address themes, issues, and follow-up questions for each of the presentations we heard on 11.30.06. But, as a general comment, I am (by and large) very pleased. I am delighted that various teams and members really took the initiative, did more than the minimum that was required, and threw themselves into this research.

As it happens, an unexpected side-benefit of the presentation groupings is that Tuesday's class will all be focused on various Latino/Hispanic dance styles. I expect that we will discover lots of connections between and across those presentations.

Everyone: please arrive promptly so that all four teams can receive their full allotted time. I realize that the weather was an issue today, but it should not be on next Tuesday.

Your reading assignments should now all be done. That being the case, I will ask you to turn your attention to reading, and commenting upon, the issues/themes/questions I articulate for each presentation--I will expect to see each class member's response in each of the posts for the individual presentations.

Also, please continue to comment, if you have not done so, on the various readings--I am still reading and tallying individuals' comments on those readings. For purposes of grading, comments for the Jones-Bamman will be counted up until Tuesday 12.5.06, 11am.

Jury is still out as regards Final Exam/no Final Exam. If it happens, it will be on the University-mandated day/date/time: Wed Dec 13 7:30-10:00am (yes, I know that is an unhuman time).

Thanks for the great work by everyone today.

cjs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home